Little Faith

So it's Monday morning. Monday mornings are not my fave time of the week. But this Monday morning is different!

Yesterday we met with a couple from ABWE (the missions agency we're with) to talk about the financial side of this whole endeavour. This is the part that I struggle with the most. How much do we have to raise in order to get ourselves over there and stay for 2-3 years?? A. Lot. And this money comes from where? From people like us who work hard every day to make ends meet.

And we're asking these people to support us?? A family of seven??

We met with this couple and they calculated a monthly total using some fancy-schmancy algorithm that spits out a number based on cost of living, insurance, travel, etc.

Our total? $4200.00 per month. That's what we need.

In my tiny, faithless head, I think: IMPOSSIBLE. That was my first thought -- as well as feeling deflated and disappointed that we probably won't raise that and we won't get to go.

Meeting is adjourned and we head to my grandmother's 90th birthday party. During the party, my dad shares with the family about our plans to head to Togo. And wouldn't ya know, we get a little miracle. A glimmer. My cousin's husband is super pumped about us going and tells Nate that they would like to support us. With their hard earned money.

Nate and I chat about this on the way home and are surprised to think that we have a supporter. It's a miracle.

This morning we get up and start the day like most Mondays. But this is where it gets good....

By 9 am, I have received a phone call from a dear family friend that he'd like to buy Nate's work trailer from us when we leave (when, he said, not if...) and upon our return to Canada, he would give it back to us. For free. "So," he said, "just think about that and get back to me once you and Nate have discussed it." I love that. Oh yeah, we'll be discussing that. Jumping up and down with tears in our eyes!! That's miracle number 5, by the way.

Miracle #6....still this morning: As soon as I hang up from this phone call, I try to call Nate on his cell phone. It's busy. Shortly after he calls me back. He's all excited telling me how another dear friend called him this morning, had just heard about our plans to head to Africa, was so excited for us and wants to support us....with his hard-earned money. Nate's telling all this to me and I'm shaking my head. When he pauses to take a breath, I told him all about the trailer phone call.

We're both floored. We of little faith.

God is big. He is awesome. He's already solved this thing, we just have to trust Him. We're sitting in our front-row seats, watching Him do it. How exciting is that!!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Wedding

Fufu Friday!

More Proof that God Sees